Welcome to MSG Free Meals

I made this blog for the many people who have asked me, "What can you eat!?" If you are looking for something particular check out the labels list or you can just browse through the archives. Feel free to ask me any questions and leave comments!

What Is Sarah Doing...

Friday, February 20, 2009

Snack - Energy Bars


I found this wonderful recipe called Bird Seed Energy Bars

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=156785&servings=24

I made two batches this evening, one with the chocolate chips and one without.
I cut them and put them in sandwich baggies. I put all the little baggies of bars in a freezer Ziploc bag, then put them in the freezer. These bars are delicious and will be great to have on hand when I need a special treat for the kids.

The only modification I made was using Safflower oil instead of Canola oil. To save on dishes, I also wisked the liquids first then added the rest of the ingredients one at a time. Save the flour and oats for last. If you're using the chocolate chips put them in very last. You can also make these bars thinner by using two pans.

CooL Tip: Measure out your oil first, then use the same measuring cup for your honey. The honey will slide right out!

No comments:

Post a Comment