Welcome to MSG Free Meals

I made this blog for the many people who have asked me, "What can you eat!?" If you are looking for something particular check out the labels list or you can just browse through the archives. Feel free to ask me any questions and leave comments!

What Is Sarah Doing...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swiss Chard Omelette

This week I received Swiss Chard from my CSA share! I've never had Swiss Chard before.
It tasted bitter when I ate it raw, but had a delicious bite to it when I ate it in an omelette.

Swiss Chard Omelette

What you need:
  • Swiss Chard - about 10-15 leaves
  • Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
  • Garlic Cloves - 2
  • Salt - to taste
  • Eggs - four
What to Do:
  1. Rinse the Swiss Chard and cut off the very end of the stems
  2. Cut the leaves and stems in about 1-inch segments
  3. Cut the garlic cloves into small slices
  4. Put the olive oil and garlic in a small non-stick skillet
  5. Saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes
  6. Add the Swiss Chard and salt
  7. Cover and heat for about 5 minutes until the Swiss Chard has begun to wilt
  8. Add the eggs and stir them into the Swiss Chard
  9. Let cook on medium-low heat until the eggs are cooked through (do not stir)
  10. Serve while hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment